Friday, May 8, 2009

Clay extruder...Ouucchhh

Yesterday i found every crafters heaven !!A huge hobby store with everything you can imagine. I finally found a clay extruder and an affordable clay roller (the kind that has a handle). Oh Joy. oh Joy!! Well i wasn't that happy after i started using the extruder...it is kinda pain in the butt to use it!!(i have to admit that is a ..cheap one made in china:)))You need "the muscles" to do it properly...But i ain't gonna quit, no way!!! ...I know that if i press enough i will develop the necessary muscles to do it properly!! Finger muscles, palm muscles heh i will be able to fight only with my fingers or make holes in the walls with my fists after using the clay extruder!!Hahaaah!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, you should try the makins clay extruder,so much better, i just got one and even with my arthritic hands am extruding with the best of them.It works differently,you turn a lever at the end of the extruder
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little late.....I have both the Sculpey extruder and the Makins one. With the older Sculpey style gun, theres a really easy device you can make to spare your hands. Get 2 pieces of wood & hinge the together (so they open & close like a crocodile jaw or a long narrow book). Drill a 1" hole at the end of one of the pieces. To use place of floor, with hole side facing upwards. Open up & poke extruder upwards through the hole. Use your foot to squish the wood back down. My husband made me one from scraps of wood. I found this idea on clayattic! Its great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....oops - that should read: "to use, place on the floor....:

    ReplyDelete